«The UMB team are fast, flexible, expert and always very friendly. It's a pleasure to work with UMB.»
Marco Eberhard, Managing Partner, Promotion-Tools AG
Modern mainframe solutions for maximum performance
UMB creates and maintains mainframe system landscapes based on IBM components. Our team works towards the best possible solution with professionalism and passion.
IBM mainframes: the proven leader
Mainframe architecture is a proven leader, with the highest rates of availability, scalability and security. With IBM mainframes, you use this technology platform to profit from reliable functionality – the edge over other suppliers remains remarkable.
Operating system mode and virtualisation as required
You can run operating systems on this platform according to the following modes:
- Native mode: All available hardware resources are used (not available for all configurations).
- LPAR mode: Hardware resources are divided into logical partitions and CPUs are virtualised; currently this can include up to 85 LPAR systems.
- VM mode: Hardware resources are virtualised using hypervisor systems such as z/VM or kernel-based virtual machines using Linux.
The distributed operating systems support a number of virtualisation options, including:
- Dynamic addition and removal of CPUs: CPUs can be added or removed without rebooting the operating system.
- Dynamic addition and removal of RAM: Memory can be added or removed without having to reboot the operating system.
- Dynamic addition and removal of disk storage: You can dynamically add or remove direct access storage device disks or SCSI/fibre channel disks.
- Virtualised Ethernet adapters: Real network cards can be supplied in many different virtualisation modes – virtual systems allow up to 1500 virtual network adapters per card.
- Cryptographic subsystems: Hardware that supports cryptography is also available in a virtualised version.